2009/09/28

Glory to the doers! (part 1)

The first designer I found to P-pas was this guy I accidentally bumped into on a Finnish art website. He had posted there a drawing of his: a washing machine flooding music waves. I had to get him to this team, and luckily this graphic design student agreed! So far, there are 2-3 designs from him to be expected for the Get Printed -collection coming to P-pas webstore in November. Hopefully our partnership will continue - which actually depends on you guys! There are lots of awesome prints coming up, but they can't all be launched at the same time for economical reasons. Voìla anyways some pictures to show what Mitro Leijona and his style is about at the moment.


Artist name: Mitro Leijona
E-mail: ariwa_@hotmail.com
Three most important inspiration sources: Loose, yet profound style is an inspiring all-time classic. A power failure on a dark autumn night, when candles set a special ambiance. The third one's the dusky 60's-70's jamaican ska-music that I've been listening from my record player pretty often nowadays.

"I try to utilise my continuously developing personal style and daring to trust in my own vision in my artwork and prints. These present, also the first, prints are affected by music, spiced up with organic lines and pleasing colours. From these elements I aim to construct a kind of fresh'n'playful ensemble. You can find vinyls, as they are second to none, and flooding wavelenghts in my designs."




Share your opinion about these sketches!
- Essi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open up!

since 09.09.09

Where are you from? 13.10.09 -->

free counters