2009/09/26

Home not-so-clean home

The flight arrived to Finland about five hours ago, and I've been pottering around at home for couple of hours now. No partying nor sleeping - in fact, I should probably be cleaning my room up or exercising, because I've gained weight a few pounds too much. Not only the mirror but my sister noticed it. I thank Romanian food and my appetite..



My thoughs have been wandering in both practical details and grandiose future plannings. I'm more and more enthousiast and inpatient to release new collections and ideas, because the designer- and doer-group of P-pas' is very diverse and talented. More about the persons behind scenes coming during these weeks. Now some photos and notes from the journey.




I didn't experience any dramatical culture shock caused by the Romanian way of life (besides as to driving customs). I'm only happy to having been able to get there and spend a week in another culture with its highs and lows. I didn't know much about the people or the nation's history, so the trip was very educational. The most important thing to comprehend was that the Romanian beggars you can see on the streets of Helsinki are not the average citizens of Romania. The country does suffer from a great poverty, but as there are poors, there are wealthy people aswell. And good looking! Just like anywhere else.



One great thing to discover aswell was the nature. At first I thought there would be no hills at all - the Bucarest area is quite plain - but luckily I was proved wrong! The Carpathians were magnificent, such as the smaller hills. There were scenes from barren spruce woods to fairytale-like Alpine-view à la Sound of Music.

 

And animals, tons of animals: donkeys, horses, lambs, cows, chickens, ducks, cats and specially dogs! I mean, there really were a whole lotta homeless dogs. I still prefered the cats, like this cute kitty on the terrace of our pension in Bran, the "city of the Dracula", as the tourist guides say.



I could just skip eating and concentrate on working for now. A couple of unfinished jewellery collections are on their way to be.. well, finished, and print sketches are welling up from many pens. Can't wait to release the upcoming GET PRINTED -collection! Unfortunately the print clothes won't be available until November, but there's always plenty of more goods to shop. Which reminds me of the fact, that

the P-PAS WEBSTORE will be opened in only 5 days!


Can't wait!
- Essi

PS. The local roofs. Is there anything weirder?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Open up!

since 09.09.09

Where are you from? 13.10.09 -->

free counters