2009/10/10

Glory to the Doers! (pt. 2)

It's time to reveal more facts about P-pas' doers! So, who's exactly behind these P-pas posters and what should be expected from her in the future? The key words are Get Printed. Let the interview tell you more.




Name: Maria Niemi. For some reason "tiger" has come a nickname of mine, and I tend to use that name in my work

Age: I think I will never grow up

Hometown: I live in Hämeenlinna at the moment, but I hope I will move to Lahti or Helsinki next year. I dream of living abroad.

Contact me: e-mail: dyeorbleach@hotmail.com

Three sources of inspiration: I've been inspired by stuff that most of the time is the opposite of beautiful. Bruises, scars, scratches etc. are very interesting. I'm also inspired by symmetry and simplicity. For example a circle is a very clear and beautiful shape. I don't know why, but I have this thing for old gentlemen. They inspire me year after year, and I get butterflies in my stomach everytime I meet one.

When I grow up I will be: a graphic designer or such, a journalist, an illustrator, or an unemployed artist

Often my work shows what I'm interested in at the moment. Usually they include some symbolism or maybe even a contention. Drawing and typography are my ways to interact with the world and the people around me. My work can be described as naive and childish, because I think it's the way to make things easier to approach. This can be seen for example in my t-shirt prints. The theme is violence and love (ah, what a cliché). The prints are quite simple and more cute than scary, even though they are about serious issues. It is important to talk about things, even if they are painful. That is why my work is what it is. I want to make people talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Open up!

since 09.09.09

Where are you from? 13.10.09 -->

free counters