2009/10/29

My life as a perpeetum mobile

I promised you the whole story, but as I can't summarise anything properly, I'll concentrate on the visual side. So that you'd have a clue about what my life actually is, I'm going to tell a few basics about.. me. You're privileged, because I haven't, for example, written about my residential situation on my Finnish blog. At least not as precisely as on this one.


Kamppi (a commercial centre), Helsinki

- Studying at upper secondary school is (supposed to be) my main "job".
- I'm sort of trapped between two cities and two apartments: Hämeenlinna (100kms from Helsinki), where I study and do the most of my handcrafts, and Helsinki (the capital city of Finland), where I spend about every other weekend getting inspired and relaxed.
- Helsinki is the place I'm heading to as soon as I finish the school (which happens in February) and where I'll start my University studies and hopefully continue what I'm doing right now in a small business premises, and such and such and such - I have loads of plans I'm going to realise, but it would be too soon to manifest them yet.

MONDAY


Kalevankatu, the street on which Sis. Deli is located

After a 6-hour schoolday I got on a bus and ended up in Helsinki, where I supplied a jewel order and right after that had a rendez-vous with the nicest founder of a fresh eco-café (Sis. Deli) I've ever met! She gave me very good advice about being a coffee-shop owner and being an owner of a small business overall. The place looked lovely in the middle of the hectic city centre and I could really sense she was dedicated to what she's doing.






After the meeting I got a lift to my little studio, where I spent the rest of the night (from 7 P.M. to 11 P.M.) starring a document film about me and my career-choosing.


Marleena

 
we held a glogg-tasting in the middle of the hard work


Mirei


TUESDAY

I had a meeting with a life insurance company representative at 8:30. We discussed everythinghing but life insurance stuff, and after chatting about 1½ hours I continued my journey to the eastern city centre, where the film crew was editing monday's material.

It turned out the shootings hadn't quite pulled off, so we had to do it all over again on tuesday. No biggies, because the crew was awesome and we had a productive day. We drove to Hämeenlinna, I was more relaxed and smily and we had fun.


Tytti, Marika



Mirei, Marika





Marika, Mirei, Tytti, Oona

Hopefully the why not -attitude shows on the document aswell. I'll post it here even though the most of you won't understand a word - I guess you're from other parts of the world than Finland, am I right? If not, please continue reading my blog HERE, because it's embarassing to know Finnish people witness my bad english!

That's it. About 36 hours of my life. I can't complain, it's great, such as almost everything I get to do. It's surprising how comfortable I feel being in an uncertain professional and economical situation, but somehow I feel at home. That's inspiring, and that's the way I like it.

xoxo,
Essi

PS. As I wrote: I can't summarise anything properly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open up!

since 09.09.09

Where are you from? 13.10.09 -->

free counters